After changing the optical configuration of the telescope, several calibration
steps may need to be taken:
- Determine rotator center. Probably best done by going to star field,
set position angle, disable rotator (ZDISABLE), change position angle by
less than 180 degrees, avoiding cable wrap issues, do a long (300-600s)
integration and find the center.
- Do a pointing model. Put rotator center in pm.pro and do model using
recentering. This creates pm???.fits files. Procedure posrecen.pro will
turn these into TPOINT input file. TPOINT generates a pointing model:
INDAT, CALL ALTAZ, USE NRX NRY, FIT, OUTMOD.
- Do instrument blocks. Need to determine offset from rotator center
to center of each instrument at PA=0 with QM commands. Guider CX coordinate
currently needs to be compiled into ccd/gccd.c. GINIT should determine
scales and rotations, which together with offsets form instrument blocks.
- Determine proper guider focus (at rotator==0?) and set guider
home position accordingly.
- Focus offsets, with altitude and rotator position/stage location
for guider: foctesta.pro, foctestg.pro, focadj.pro. Focus offsets for filters.